Explore Section & Events
- About Us
- Message from the Secretary
- Mission & Vision
- Organizational Chart
- Taxation and Revenue is hiring
- Strategic Plan
- Office of the Secretary
- Who benefits when taxes are collected?
- Helpful Links
- New Mexico Government Links
- Privacy & Security
- Site Policies & Accessibility
Information Technology Division
The Information Technology Division (ITD) supports delivering the mission, strategic goals, strategic actions, and project initiatives necessary for the Tax and Rev and Motor Vehicle units of the Department. ITD supports all technology and systems collecting revenues and distributing billions in state, local and tribal revenue annually; and supports Motor Vehicle Systems & services with thousands of drivers served each week and millions in annual revenues. Technology at our department is at the very core of everything we do. From operational excellence to strategic initiatives, to enabling over staff to deliver, to supporting all field offices, municipal offices and partners, ITD gets IT done. The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides technology services, resources and tools that assist TRD in meeting its operational goals, objectives and performance measures.
The technology team at TRD is accountable to the people we serve, providing professional customer service in an innovative, positive and courteous manner. ITD continues to demonstrate excellent performance levels as indicated by high ratings in the annual corporate surveys.
ITD Mission: Enhance delivery of services to our customers through technology, collaboration and innovation.
ITD Vision: Strategic partner providing exceptional service to customers with leading-edge technology and valued professionals.
ITD Management Focus Areas:
- Foster workforce excellence by improvement of recruitment, training, retaining, and succession planning processes and practices.
- Provide excellent customer service, related to the systems supporting all TRD tax and vehicle service offerings.
- Deliver high-quality IT services\systems that are reliable, accessible, secure, efficient, and innovative.
- Provide safe, secure, state-of-the-art systems, compliant with appropriate standards for internal and external customers.
We get IT done:
- Infrastructure Services – Servers, Databases, and Network
- Application Services – Tax support, Motor Vehicles Systems support, Property Tax systems support
- Data Services – Data Warehouse, Data science and analysis
- Mapping and GIS services – Maps, boundaries, census and other GIS requests
- Webservices – Website management, content management for all websites
- DMS/ Scanning Support services – Support for large scanners and document management
- Desktop Support services – Support users, their systems and equipment
- Project Management services – Initiatives, projects, and other priorities
- Office of the CIO – Security Services, Compliance with SSA, IRS, PCI and others, IPRA requests, Legal support, support investigations, and multi-agency collaborations on initiatives and legislation
With the changing landscape of our customers, evolving security threats, new legislation annually, and rapid advancement of technology, we need to continue to innovate, grow, and rethink our approach to systems and technology. We must continue to invest in our systems to maintain them strategically. We get IT done!