Explore Section & Events
All NM Taxes
- Economic & Statistical Information
- Gross Receipts Taxes
- Monthly Local Government Distribution Reports (CAN Distribution Detail by location)
- Combined Fuel Tax Distribution Reports (CFT)
- Personal Income Tax Reports
- Corporate Income Tax Reports
- Property Tax Reports
- Oil Natural Gas & Mineral Extraction Taxes
- Motor Vehicle Taxes & Fees
- Other Reports
- Statutes & Department Directives
Motor Vehicle Taxes & Fees
New Mexico local governments, researchers, policy makers and other individuals wanting monthly statistical information on the distribution of motor vehicle taxes and fees to counties, municipalities and fee agents can find it in the reports shown below.
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department has authorized fee agents to operate motor vehicle offices within the state. These agent offices are entitled to fee distributions based on the number of transactions performed each month. In addition, if an office completes 10,000 or more transactions in a fiscal year (except for a class A county or municipality office with a population exceeding 300,000), the office is entitled to an additional $1 per license or registration transaction. This schedule computes the monthly fee agent distribution.