Explore Section & Events
- About Us
- Message from the Secretary
- Mission & Vision
- Organizational Chart
- Taxation and Revenue is hiring
- Strategic Plan
- Office of the Secretary
- Who benefits when taxes are collected?
- Helpful Links
- New Mexico Government Links
- Privacy & Security
- Site Policies & Accessibility
The Taxation and Revenue Department serves the State of New Mexico by providing fair and efficient tax and motor vehicle services. The Department administers more than 35 tax programs and distributes revenue to the State and to local and tribal governments throughout New Mexico. Its Motor Vehicles Division administers driver and motor vehicle licensing and registration laws.
The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department is comprised of the following divisions: