About the Bureau
The Appraisal Bureau provides technical assistance to New Mexico‘s counties on valuation of multifamily, commercial, special-use and personal properties.
We perform appraisals as requested by Property Tax Division and other New Mexico entities. We also review appraisals for the State Board of Finance.
One member of each county’s Valuation Protests Board must be an employee of the Bureau. We perform annual assessor evaluations and a sales ratio study to ensure that counties assess properties at the current and correct value. Collaborating with the International Association of Assessing Officers, we also coordinate training of county assessors and assessor employees for certification.
Property Tax Forms
- 65 low income Disabled Form 2022 – Spanish
- 65 low income Disabled Form 2022 – English
- Protest Pamphlet 2022 – Spanish
- Protest Pamphlet 2022
- PTD Oder No. 23-25 Livestock Values for 2024
- PTD Order No. 23-24 Notice of Reporting 2024
- PTD Order No. 23-21 Limitation on increase in value for Single-family dwellings for 2024
- Classification Declaration Form – English
- Classification Declaration Form – Spanish
- Real Property Affidavit
Send Inquiries to:
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
Property Tax Division
Appraisal Bureau – Local Assessment Section
Email your questions or concerns to the Appraisal Bureau