1. Individuals
  2. Learn About Unclaimed Property Overview
  3. What unclaimed property must be reported

What unclaimed property must be reported

If you are a property holder, you must report all unclaimed property that is owed to a New Mexico resident or business.

In addition, New Mexico-domiciled holders should report items without an owner’s name or address and all unclaimed property where the last known address is in a foreign country.

Unclaimed property, includes but is not limited to such items as money, un-cashed checks, drafts, state warrants, un-cashed payroll checks, interest dividends or income, savings and checking accounts, safe deposit box contents, credit balances, customer overpayments, unidentified remittances, mutual funds and securities.

Reportable items with respective property codes and dormancy periods can be obtained from https://unclaimed.org/.

Click RPD-41200, Unclaimed Property Report, Holder’s Filing Kit to see the reporting form and instructions.