Explore Section & Events
The Taxation and Revenue Department, charged with the task of collecting tax dollars and distributing them according to state law, answers to the Governor as part of the executive branch of state government. It administers taxation, revenue and motor vehicle. The Department’s chief executive officer is the Secretary of Taxation and Revenue, a cabinet-level position.
The Taxation and Revenue Department administers over 30 tax programs. The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department is comprised of the following divisions:
- Office of the Secretary;
- Administrative Services Division (ASD);
- Information Technology Division (ITD);
- Property Tax Division (PTD);
- Tax Fraud Investigation Division (TFID);
- Revenue Processing Division (RPD);
- Audit and Compliance Division (ACD), and
- Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).