Show Subnavigation

For your protection, banks, insurance companies, utilities, investment companies and many other businesses are required by State law to surrender inactive accounts to the State. These accounts are known as “lost,” “abandoned,” or “unclaimed” funds.

The Unclaimed Property Unit serves as custodian of this money.  If you can prove you are entitled to the money, we will gladly return it to you, at any time, without charge. Until the money is claimed, it is used by the State’s General Funds, serving the citizens and taxpayers of the State of New Mexico.

To search for unclaimed property in New Mexico visit

For specific eligibility requirements and site links, see Filing a Claim.

Search nationally

The website is authorized by New Mexico and other states to list owners of unclaimed property. There is no cost to search for your property or to request a claim form. Follow the instructions for requesting a claim form on the website. If your search state isn’t listed on, follow the instructions for contacting that state’s unclaimed property office.

Search federal databases

The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a Financial Management Service website that provides information about unclaimed federal assets. On the site, click A to Z Index on the left-hand navigation bar. Click the letter U, and then click Unclaimed Assets, FAQ.

Tips for searching

For specific advice, see the search tips on the website. Generally—

  • You can search for an individual, family member or business. An individual search is based upon your last name (current or prior name) and your full or partial first name. A family search only requires a last name. The business search requires entering your business name.
  • You can search for anyone, but you may only file a claim for property that belongs to you or for which you are the legal heir. If you are a business owner, you may also file  on behalf of your business.
  • If you have a common name, you can narrow down your search results by specifying  the city and/or state where you have lived.
  • You can search for deceased family members, but only the rightful heir can claim the property.

Contact Us

View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us