Everyone who is required to file a New Mexico personal income tax return must complete and file a form PIT-1, New Mexico Personal Income Tax Return.
Depending upon your residency status and your own personal situation, you may need other forms and schedules. For more information see the quick line instructions, PIT-1 Instructions, and all other forms and instructions provided in the Browse or Search Forms section below.
You May File Online
The Department encourages all taxpayers to file electronically; it’s fast and secure. There are three ways to file: (1) using our website, at no cost, (2) purchasing software to prepare your taxes or (3) using a tax professional to file electronically.
You May Mail a Paper Return
Directions to print forms:
1. Click on the folders below to find forms and instructions. You can also search for a file. If you click on a folder and run a search, it will only search that folder.
2. Click a form to print it.
Note: Your browser may ask you to allow pop-ups from this website. Allow the pop-ups and double-click the form again. For the best user experience on this website, you should update your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari).
Mac Users: Safari may block pop ups on default. You can go to your Safari menu, preferences and then security to allow pop-ups.
You can also find printed forms:
- At your local District Office. See the CONTACT US link at the top of this page.
- At your local library. Over 100 libraries across the state have ordered supplies of personal income tax forms to make available to the public, or
- You can call (505) 827-2206 to order forms to be mailed.
Browse or Search Forms