Show Subnavigation

If I have an automatic extension of time to file with the IRS, do I need to file an extension with New Mexico?

No, New Mexico honors your federal automatic extension of time to file. You do not need to request a separate state extension if you already have a federal automatic extension. If you need more time than that granted at the federal level, you must file a New Mexico extension using Form RPD-41096, Extension of Time to File .

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Governor Susana Martinez

Governor Susana Martinez

Learn more about governor Martinez
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us