Show Subnavigation

Information about registering or closing your corporation.

Corporations are required to have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). If your corporation has gross receipts, compensating or withholding tax to report, you are also required to obtain a CRS identification number. You are also required to register your corporation with the Secretary of State (SOS).

Other Registration Requirements

In addition to registering with the Taxation and Revenue Department (TRD), you may need to consult various regulatory agencies, professional licensing boards, or local authorities. Please see the list of other agencies on pages 5  and 6 of FYI-102, Information for New Businesses.

Closing Your Corporation

To close a corporation with an active CRS ID, you must complete and submit a form ACD-31015 Business Tax Registration. Instructions on completing this form are also available   You should change the business registration status from “Active” to “Closed” and provide an effective date for the status change. You must file a final corporate income tax return with TRD when your annual income tax return is due.

If you are dissolving a corporation or withdrawing from doing business in New Mexico, you should request a Corporate Certificate of No Tax Due and contact the SOS.

Purchasers or Lessees

If you are a purchaser or lessee and therefore a successor in business of a business, license, or permit, you may also request a Certificate of No Tax Due to ensure that you are not liable for any taxes due to TRD by the seller or lessor. A Request for Tax Clearance or Letter of Good Standing can be downloaded by completing form ACD-31096 Tax Clearance Request.

View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us