Geographic Information System
Parcel and Boundary Mapping and Geographic Information System (GIS)
The Property Tax Division (PTD) offers New Mexico’s counties guidance and support for real property parcel and boundary mapping. We also publish statewide district and boundary data and maps.
Download the New Mexico mapping manual as prepared by the Property Tax Division pursuant to Section 7‑35‑4 NMSA 1978.
TRD and PTD do not distribute or publish county-specific real property parcel data. See links to other GIS sites for available resources.
Projects and Initiatives
Wildland Fire Project - Annual collection and transfer of county parcel data for use by the U.S. Forest Service to fight fires in the wildland-urban interface;
Supporting Documents, Reports, and Instructions:
- FGDC Letter to Cabinet Secretary Goodwin
- Endorsement letter from PTD Director Rick Silva
- FGDC Subcommittee for Cadastral Data report on 2007 fire season
- Instructions for sharing parcel data to TRD - For county-specific secure FTP and data transfer instructions, please click the Contact Us button to contact the Wildland Fire Project Lead.
- Property Tax District, School District, and Municipal Boundaries Updates – Information about maintaining boundaries and recommended processes for submitting boundary changes (annexations, incorporations, school district changes, etc.).
Project Lead - Larry Brotman
Taxation and Revenue Department - Information Technology Division