Administrative Services Division
Administrative Services Division (ASD) provides administrative guidance, information and expertise. We make sure that the Department meets legal and internal administrative requirements. ASD oversees an annual budget of over $80 million, distributing about $6.8 billion in annual collections of taxes and fees.
We promote and maintain program quality and accountability. Our employees work collaboratively with other divisions within the Department, other agencies, the Legislature, and various government entities to meet Department objectives.
ASD evaluates, analyzes and adjusts its processes for improvement while maintaining fiscal integrity, responsibility, and accountability. Staff members are offered opportunities for growth, professional development and recognition.
Some responsibilities of ASD are to:
- complete annual financial audit and distributions;
- ensure compliance with all rules and laws related to expenses and accountability of funds;
- provide quality budget requests and effective budget monitoring;
- create fiscally responsible financial management and reporting procedures;
- monitor professional service contracts;
- develop training programs that meet the needs of the Department and its staff;
- implement, maintain, and continuously review annual and quarterly training strategies;
- Conduct and analyze training effectiveness;
- distribute supplies to all users;
- provide timely and accurate information and services to Department managers, supervisors and employees on employment issues;
- manage employee career tracks;
- manage and store central supplies;
- ensure accurate payroll processing for employees, and
- ensure compliance with State Personnel Office rules, regulations and other employment laws.
The Procurement Library provides access to procurement codes and regulations.